MY FAVORITE IOS APPS

September 11, 2016



Hey there! I thought I would do a round up of my all-time favorite apps. These apps are the ones I can't live without. Well, not really but you know how our generation depends on our phones so much. Hehe. So yeah, I am always on the lookout for great apps that will help my life be organized and help me with all the things I need to do fast. 

1. CLUE


Clue: Period and Ovulation Tracker (Free) - This app is a blessing for someone like me who have irregular periods. I made a switch from My Period Tracker to Clue because it's aesthetically nice to look at it. Hahaha! I find it more modern and mature compared to My Period Tracker which is flowery and for me their design screamed 'teenager' all over. What I like most about this app is that it provides you scientific explanation regarding your reproductive health which is very helpful in case you don't know what some terms in their app means. Basically, just like other period tracker apps, it remind you if your period is upcoming. But what's amazing about Clue is that it analyzes your cycle afterwards for a fear that there's a problem. In my case, they actually emailed me saying I need to visit a doctor! Hahaha. Thanks, Clue! 

2. REDDIT

Reddit (Free) - I don't use Reddit on Desktop because I find it confusing but the app is really great. I just found out about it 2 months ago when my favorite blogger mentioned it on Facebook. Since then, I was really hooked but it took me a few days to learn how things work on Reddit. For me, I find it as a community where people talk about certain topics through the subreddits. Everything under the sun is already discussed in Reddit. What I like about this app is the people behind the post and the comments. As you can see in the picture above, things get pretty funny fast in the comment section and that happens to every post even if the topic is serious. I don't know how to explain it further but download this and you won't regret it! My favorite subreddits are r/LifeProTips, r/AskReddit, r/TodayILearned, r/relationships, r/tifu (today I fucked up).

3. SNAPSEED

Snapseed (Free) - This photo editing app reminds me of Lightroom but for mobile. I like this app because of the ambiance setting which I can't find in any other apps. I use this for a little enhancement in the brightness and highlight in all my photos before I upload them to Facebook or Instagram. Nature photos are best processed with this photo editing app using the HDR and Drama filters!

4. VSCO

VSCO Cam (Free) - This is my second go-to app for photo editing. Most of the photos you see and love on Instagram have been edited with VSCO Cam. Their filters are minimalist and modern, sometimes it has a rustic feel on it. They offer some filters for free and others you need to purchase. For me, I bought 'The Minimalist Collection' and the 'Essence/Archetype Collection'. My favorite filters are A6, A8, A10, E4, E5, and J2. 

5. FEEDLY

Feedly (Free) - I like to read but since I hate transferring from one website or app to another, Feedly helps me with that! It is powered by RSS, so it is an open system. I just put the URL of the website, add it to my Feedly, categorize it and I'm good to go. All the content from the websites I love comes to me in one place in a clean and easy to read format. Plus points for this app is that I can change the theme into night mode.

So there you have it! If you have a favorite app that isn't listed above, share it to me via my comment box below. Let's swap favorite apps! :)

Love,
Christine 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ephesians 2:8

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--"

1 Corinthians 2:9

"However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--"

Shop @LOCALUSH on Instagram